There are many different ways you can use our services – to communicate with other people or to access our content. When you share information with us, for example by creating a CBCMGROUPS account, we can make those services even better - to help you connect with people or to make sharing with others quicker and easier. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, if you have any questions contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users, such as – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which family members you have, or which congregation you are in.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to fill Church Directory Update form to sign up for a CBCMGROUPS Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number to store with your account. If you want to take full advantage of the sharing features we offer, we might also ask you to create a publicly visible CBCMGROUPS Profile, which may include your name and photo.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you watch a video on Sermon Online, watch our live streaming, or view our website content. This information includes:
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). We may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your CBCMGROUPS account.
When you use our services or view content provided by CBCM, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
- Internet protocol address.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your CBCMGROUPS account.
- Location information
When you use our services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide CBCM with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
Information we collect when you are signed in to CBCM, in addition to information we obtain about you from partners, may be associated with your CBCMGROUPS account. When information is associated with your CBCMGROUPS account, we treat it as personal information. For more information about how you can access, manage or delete information that is associated with your CBCMGROUPS account, visit the Transparency and choice section of this policy.
How we use information we collect
We may use the name you provide for your CBCM Profile across all of the services we offer that require a CBCMGROUPS account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your CBCMGROUPS account so that you are represented consistently across all our services. If other users already have your email, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible CBCM Profile information, such as your name and photo.
If you have a CBCMGROUPS account, we may display your Profile name, Profile photo, and actions you take on CBCM or on third-party applications connected to your CBCMGROUPS account in our services. We will respect the choices you make to limit sharing or visibility settings in your CBCMGROUPS account.
When you contact CBCM, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of CBCM unless one of the following circumstances applies:
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of CBCM when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- With domain administrators
If your CBCMGROUPS account is managed for you by a domain administrator (for example, for CBCM Apps users) then your domain administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your CBCMGROUPS account information (including your email and other data). Your domain administrator may be able to:
o view statistics regarding your account, like statistics regarding applications you install.
o change your account password.
o suspend or terminate your account access.
o access or retain information stored as part of your account.
o receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
o restrict your ability to delete or edit information or privacy settings.
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of CBCM if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
o meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
o enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
o detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
o protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of CBCM, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect CBCM and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We offer you two step verification when you access your CBCMGROUPS account.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to CBCM employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities