On-Site Gatherings Reopen Plan 恢復現場聚會計劃
COVID Safety Protocol Update & Reminder 教會疫情安全策略訊息和提醒
Dear CBCM Family,
As many of you may have heard already, as of today, Montgomery County have lifted its mask mandate (please see https://www2.montgomerycountymd.gov/mcgportalapps/Press_Detail.aspx?Item_ID=39355 ). This is due to the drop in the rate of COVID transmission in the county. We praise God for that but should still be careful and vigilant. After consulting with our medical information advisory team, below are some update and reminder for you regarding what CBCM will do moving forward.
1. We will continue to require mask wearing at all time at all official CBCM in-person gatherings (Sunday services, Sunday Schools, cell/fellowship groups, etc.), except when eating or drinking (complying with the previous County mandate). Since our County allows for individual organizations to set their own requirement, and since our general practice is to be slightly more conservative than the County or CDC mandate when appropriate and possible, this is what we have decided to require for now. We may change the requirement in the future if situation continues to improve.
2. We plan to increase the worship seating capacity in small increments, since by God’s grace our Sunday in-person attendance is increasing. Even though our County have never mandated social distancing, we will do our best to still create some social distancing for extra precaution.
3. While during our lunch time fellowship, people can take off their masks to eat and drink, we still strongly encourage everyone to keep safety in mind, and to wear masks when not eating or drinking, and to not move chairs to increase the number of people sitting at any table to be more than 8.
4. I know many of us are eager to know when we can re-open our indoor sports activities. For now, we will hold off on resuming those activities a bit more, and see how the transmission rate goes after the lifting of the mask mandate by the County, and as winter approaches when COVID tend to spike higher. Once we do resume the indoor sports activities, it will still be for fully vaccinated people only. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
親愛的 CBCM 家人，
1. 我們將繼續要求在所有正式的 教會實體聚會時（主日崇拜、主日學、小組/團契，兒童和青少年活動，等）必須一直戴口罩（吃喝時除外，按照蒙郡之前的規定）。由於蒙郡政府允許各組織製定自己的要求，而且我們教會向來的做法是在適當和可能的情況下比蒙郡和CDC 的要求稍微更加保守一些，所以這是我們目前決定的要求。如果情況繼續改善，我們將來可能會更改要求。
3. 在我們的午餐團契期時間，大家可以摘下口罩吃喝，但我們還是鼓勵大家注意安全，不吃不喝時還是戴上口罩，也請不移動椅子來增加坐在一桌的人數超過 8 人。
4. 很多人都渴望知道我們什麼時候可以重新開放室內體育活動。目前，我們將暫時還不會恢復這些活動，給我們一段時間觀察情況- 如蒙郡取消戴口罩強制令後傳的疫情感染播率如何，以及隨著冬天的臨近，當疫情感染播率通常會增加時。一旦我們恢復室內體育活動，我們仍然要求只適用於完全接種疫苗的人。謝謝大家的耐心和理解。
Chinese version is after the English version 中文版在英文版之後
“For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us.
Once God has spoken; twice have I heard this: that power belongs to God, and that to you, O Lord, belongs steadfast love.” Psalm 62:5-8, 11-12
Dear CBCM Family,
Hope this email finds you doing well in the Lord, and finding Him to be your all-sufficient Rock, Salvation, and Hope during this challenging time. As you may have heard, MD governor Hogan is moving MD into their phase 3 reopen plan. With that in mind, our church have been working on finalizing our own reopen plan.
Thanks to our response team, pastoral staff, BOE, and the BOD, we have completed our reopen plan and have begun to implement it. Our general practice is to be 1-2 steps slower than the MC reopen plan. Therefore even if the new COVID-19 cases in MC continues to drop, we will likely not resume in-person worship gatherings until the 4th quarter of this year (December) at the earliest.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW our reopen plan (Chinese version is after the English version). Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We are also very thankful to God and to many of you who have been faithfully serving and participating in the various online programs we have in the last many months. We need to remember God’s purpose for us is not on hold during this time, we just needed to be more creative and more committed to Him by His grace. Let us keep praying and seeking Him to experience His mighty power and His steadfast love in our lives and in our church!
Pastor Hugo and the Church Leadership Teams
我的心哪，你當默默無聲，專等候神，因為我的盼望是從他而來。唯獨他是我的磐石、我的拯救，他是我的高臺，我必不動搖。我的拯救，我的榮耀，都在乎神；我力量的磐石，我的避難所，都在乎神。你們眾民當時時倚靠他，在他面前傾心吐意，神是我們的避難所… 神說了一次兩次，我都聽見，就是能力都屬乎神。主啊，慈愛也是屬乎你… 詩篇62:5-8, 11-12